EPF registration | How to apply | Registration Services 2020
EPF stands for the Employees provident fund is the government of India initiative for the welfare of employees. An Employee Provident Fund is an initiative designed to offer social security benefits to employees of a particular organization, building stronger employee-employer bonds. In order to enjoy these benefits to the hilt, employers need to follow a set of rules and guidelines laid out, under te prescribed act.
Companies that grow to a strength of 20 members are expected to register themselves within one month from the time of attaining this strength, with penalties applicable for delays in registration. Co-operative societies are expected to register if their employee strength increases to 50 or more and registered organizations continue to be under the purview of the rules and regulations of the Act even if their employee strength falls below the minimum specified number.
Request a Call Back
Procedure of EPF registration?
- Register the organization with EPFO : The first step is to register at the EPFO. The process of EPF registration is online it can be done visiting the website EPFO.
- Accept the User Manual
- The ESI form no 1 will be varified and ESI will be issued
- Obtain DSC : The next step is to obtain a Digital Signature certificate. Getting DSC registered is a pre-requisite to submitting a fresh application for ERF registration.
- Employer’s Details : In the form mention all the important details about the employer along with all the required documents.
- Complete Details of owner such as Name, Address, Email Id, etc.
- PAN of the employer.
- Username has to be selected by an employer that can be used in the future for login and return filing.
- Employer will get OTP PIN on its registered Mobile Number which has to be entered for verification.
- The last confirmation on E-mail has to be verified to activate the employer’s login.
Documents required for EPF registration
- The registration certificate of the company obtained either under the:
- Factories Act
- Shops and Establishment Act
- The company registration certificate
- Pvt Ltd
- Proprietorship etc.
- Memorandum of association
- Articles of Association
- A complete list of all the employees working in the Establishment