Factory license| how to Apply| Registration Service 2020
As per the provisions under the Factory Act, 1948 it is mandatory for all the factory owners to register their premises with the local governing authority starting a business in a factory premise. The license is granted by the Labour Commissioner Organisation after the registration of the factory.
An individual or entity who is planning to start a new business needs to get the Factory License. It is required to register for a factory license, and it mandates the rules and regulations regarding the factory/trade business. It is designed to ensure that the citizens are not badly affected by health hazards and after-effects( as per the first schedule of Factories Act 1948, factory operations are considered hazardous) by the improper carrying of a manufacturing. This act also checks whether the business is being carried on is according to the laws, rules, standards and safety guidelines or not.
Eligibility for factory license registration under the Factory Act, 1948
- The factory or establishment is using power-driven machinery in a manufacturing process
- If 10 or more workers are working or were working on any day of the preceding year
- Factory engaged in manufacturing process without aid of power in which 20 or more workers are working or were working on any day of the preceding year
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products
- Manufacturing process involving repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles
- Manufacturing process using or producing explosives or highly inflammable articles or substances
- Fireworks manufacturing and its packaging units
- Manufacturing of Leather goods
- Pesticides formulation units
- Manufacturing, handling & processing of asbestos and its products
Request a Call Back
Documents required for Factory license registration
- PAN card
- Identity proof of applicant
- Utility Bill of the business premises
- Office address proof
- Rent Agreement (if property is on rent)
- Shop and Establishment certificate
- Premises blueprint copy
- NOC from the Fire Department
- Municipal corporation Tax Receipt
How to register a factory license?
- The process of factory license registration is completely online and there is no need to file any application.
- Our team will file an application for factory license Form 1 for Registration and Notice of occupation specified in sections 6 and 7 and for Grant of license
- All the documents required documents will be uploaded
- Pay the required fees as per the requirement of your factory premises.
- Your factory license application will be scrutinized by the department and the license will be granted
- Our team will do all the follow up with the department and complete all the necessities for the factory license registration
What is the factory license fee?
The fee for the factory license depends on the number of workers employed and the machinery used in the factory.
What is the due date of the factory date license?
The due date of the factory license is 31st of the very year.
Which factories/operations are considered to be hazardous?
As per the First Schedule of the Factories Act 1948